Property Management and Building Services
Effective property management is key to enhancing the value of your property investment, whether it be a single commercial property, a mixed investment portfolio or private houses within a larger development with shared services. We believe in working with our clients and tenants to meet obligations, resolve issue and maintain properties to the best possible standard.
At the beginning or end of a lease, or before purchasing a property, you may need one of our building services. Whether you wish to terminate an agreement, enter into a new one, or proceed with a sale or purchase, we can give you the benefit of many years of experience as specialist commercial property consultants and building surveyors.
When it comes to managing commercial buildings, and blocks of flats and townhouses, numerous tasks must be undertaken to a high standard and regulations must be met. Whether the property is commercial, residential or mixed use, all or some of the following need to be taken care of:
- Rent collection using Qube Property Management software
- Service charge collection
- Service charge and reserve fund budgeting
- Commissioning and management of maintenance contracts
- Health & safety compliance including CDM
- Meeting all relevant certification requirements
Nettleship Sawyer is regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). This ensures that we work to the highest professional, technical and ethical standards, with particular attention to these three key areas:
- Property management procedures – all procedures are in line with the relevant Codes of Practice for residential properties, block management, commercial and mixed-use properties
- Insurance policy renewal and claims services – authorised by Financial Conduct Authority via our RICS Designated Professional Body (DPB) status
- Managing client money – client funds are safeguarded under the RICS Client Monies Protection Scheme
Buildings develop defects for many reasons. There can be natural wear and tear as well as actual damage. But while identifying the defects may be relatively simple, identifying their cause, and knowing how to remedy them, are highly specialised skills.
These are among the key skills that we’ve picked up in the years since we established our practice. Our attention to detail and perseverance, because we will strive to make sure you receive a first class service, whatever property matters you have to deal with.
Please contact us if you need any of the following commercial building services:
- Dilapidations – breaches of lease covenants that relate to the condition of the property, and the process of remedying those breaches. Advice given to landlords and tenants.
- Defects analysis and building pathology – these services require extensive knowledge and understanding of construction methods, property usage, and maintenance.
- Contract administration – if you have a construction or maintenance project, we can prepare tenders and manage the contract.
- Schedules of condition – by having a schedule of condition agreed at the start of a commercial tenancy so that future dilapidations liability can be limited
- Party Wall Act and boundary disputes
Our Consultant Chartered Building Surveyor is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and an experienced Party Wall Act Surveyor.